The safety of your child is paramount. We have made our Nursery and Reception areas as secure as possible.
For Nursery and Reception children arriving before the school day we have a buzzer entry system through the gate into the walled garden, with keypad entry into all rooms. During school hours access to the main part of the Nursery is through the Nursery reception. Reception class children enter their classroom area from their outdoor playground. After morning drop-off, access to the classroom is via a keypad entry system.
All main activities and events are risk assessed to ensure suitability. We have safeguarding policies in place and all staff are DBS checked with references being taken up before employment commences.
Staff are all trained in child protection, paediatric first aid and food hygiene as part of our staff induction programme. We have several members of staff trained to advanced level or level 2 in child protection. Our Head of Early Years is a Designated Officer in Child Protection and the Deputy Headmistress, who is the Child Protection Officer for the whole school, is available for advice and support.
- Admissions Policy
- Children’s Safety and Security on Premises
- Complaints Policy and Procedure
- Confidentiality Policy
- Curriculum Policy updated to include EYFS Sept 2016
- Discipline, Behaviour, Rewards and Sanctions
- English as a Second Language
- Equal Opportunities including EYFS
- First Aid Policy 2016 – incl Appendices
- Food and Drink
- Key Person and Settling In policy
- Missing Child Policy
- No Smoking
- Non-collection of children
- Safeguarding Children Policy
- School Trips and Educational Visits incl Appendix 1 EYFS
- Security Policy
- Special Educational Needs Policy including Early Years
- Taking, Storing and Using Images of Children Policy
- Use of telephone, email, internet, cameras and videos
- Visitors to the school – Early Years Department
- Visitors to the School
- Whistleblowing Policy