17 Medals for Alton Prep at ISA Athletics Champs
On Wednesday 5th June 2019, those lucky enough to have been selected to compete at the ISA Regional Athletics Championships made their way to the Thames Valley Athletics Stadium in Eton. The sun was shining and the atmosphere was fierce with competition. The stadium was packed with different schools from around the London West region and competitors were raring to go. We witnessed some outstanding performances both in the field and track events and we knew we had some tough competition ahead.
However, in true Alton School style our students did not disappoint, displaying some fantastic performances.
- U10 Eleanor Eason 2nd place in long jump
- U10 girls relay 1st place (Sophie West, Pippa Hodges, Jasmine Wallis and Eleanor Eason)
- U11 Harry D’Arcy 2nd place in long jump
- U11 Sam Lloyd 2nd place in 75m and 1st place in 600m
- U11 boys relay 2nd place (Sam Thomson, Harry D’Arcy, Jack Bolton, Sam Lloyd)
- U11 Hannah Lowe 2nd in long jump and 1st in 600m
- U12 William Osman 3rd place in shot
- U12 Rose Edmunds 2nd place in shot
- U12 Mia Cowle 2nd place in rounders ball throw
We came home with a total 17 prep school medals with two of our students, Hannah Lowe and Sam Lloyd, off to Birmingham on 19th June to represent our region of London West in the U11 600m at the ISA National Athletics Champs.
Although not all of our students medalled, most of them achieved a new personal best score and rose to the occasion.
A huge well done to all of those that represented the school and took part. A fantastic achievement and a great day had by all!
Good luck to those off to Nationals…